From solid liquid separation to micronized Highly Potent API (CPT = 200ng/m3) all contained in isolators: Filter dryer discharge, Vacuum transport system to 8” ProMill-8 jet mill in a micronization Isolator.
- isolator connected to Agitated Nutsche Filter Dryer (ANFD) through flange:
- top chamber to discharge product from ANFD to isolator
- bottom chamber for product transfer towards a conical mill or a discharge chute
- Vacuum Transport System to transfer the product from the ANFD isolator to the buffer vessel installed on top of the micronization isolator
- ProMill-8 jet mill installed in the micronization isolator. The system includes:
- manual loading chamber
- buffer vessel, where product is discharged into jet mill feeder
- jet mill chamber (with 8” ProMill-8)
- filter sleeve chamber, where solids/gas separation occurs and process gas is exhausted
- top pack-off chamber hosts dosing system and inner bag clamp
- bottom pack-off chamber hosts drum, outside bag and scale
- exit chamber
Benefits of FPS Solution:
- No risk of exposure to the operators during the entire process
- Easy to move the product from ANFD to the jet mill
- Simple way to reprocess product with Filter Dryer when necessary
- Removal of large micronization filter sleeve is ergonomic
- Flexible pack off that accommodates many different drum sizes
Focus on Filter Dryer discharge for High Potent:
1 isolator with 2 chambers.
Inside, a discharge chute fitted with conical mill accommodates 3 processes:
- Direct product transfer to buffer vessel (pneumatic transfer)
- Product through conical mill and transfer buffer vessel (pneumatic)
- Product through conical mill and packed into a bag for manual charging of buffer vessel
The operator opens the internal hatch of filter dryer (through isolator gloves)
The powder is discharged into one of the 2 chutes available:
- Continuous liner system
- Conical mill-SBV-container
3 processes can be accommodated:
1) discharge into a continuous liner (up to 10kg bag)
This is used in 2 cases:
- if filtration and drying is insufficient and product needs to be re-processed by the filter dryer
- to bypass the VTS for a small quantity and to manually move the product to the jet mill isolator (for manual charging inside the buffer vessel).
- discharge the product inside a liner, crimp & cut (1st bag)
- exit the 1st bag through another continuous liner (side wall), crimp & cut (double bagging)
- The liner chute available at the bottom of the discharge isolator allows to discharge the product inside a liner and safely remove it and exit the bag from lower chamber
2) discharge into a conical mill
If, after filtration and drying, the product is agglomerated or to achieve a narrower particle size distribution it may be necessary to use a conical mill which is connected to a container through a Split Butterfly Valve
3) discharge into a container (through a SBV).
Contact us to discover more!